Why would my doctor not work on my flanks? Can I use this area for a Butt Lift instead? (photo)

Very happy with my TT MR and my post op was not that bad, had a wonderful surgeon, my question is why would he chose not to do my flanks when its apparent with my large weight loss l needed it. Does that happen a lot so they can do 2 surgeries and then it' a lot more expensive? Second question would that be a good area to use for a butt lift to take fat from? Thanks.

Why would my doctor not work on my flanks? Can I use this area for a Butt Lift instead?

+1
If you have additional fat on your flanks and back, this could be used for the Brazilian buttlift.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Liposuction the flanks.

+1
Thank you for your picture. Your result is very good. I don't think you need liposuction of your flanks based on the picture. If you did have some fat there it could be used to graft  to your buttocks but the amount would be so insignificant it may not make a dramatic improvement. Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Why weren't flanks operated on?

+1
Difficult to say from the limited photo but aggressive liposuction should not be combined with an abdominoplasty if it would compromise the vascularity of the flaps raised during the operation.  I frequently operate using a staged approach and it is not to feather my nest but because of either the risk of complications or patient's financial tolerance levels. BTW, you have a very nice result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Buttock lift

+1
I'm not sure why your doctor didn't do your flanks.  I highly doubt it was for financial reasons.  You would need to ask him or her.  Without seeing your backside and legs, it would be hard to answer your buttock questions.  We can take fat from just about anywhere and transfer it to the buttocks.  If you convert your tummy tuck into a circumferential tuck, this too would help lift your buttocks.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon