Laser Mole Removal for Mole Between Upper Lip and Nose?

I wrote about my 13 year old daughter getting her mole removed between her lip and nose. The surgeon decided not to go ahead with the removal. They said it would leave too big of a scar. they are now looking at laser or other ways to remove the mole. Is there any natural remedies that you know might help. I have heard about wart and mole removal you can buy.

Scalpel Sculpting And Dermaplaning Work Well For Removing Moles (Beauty Marks, Birth Marks)

+1

Moles can be removed from anywhere on the body. Although removing moles by any method is likely to leave a small scar, scalpel sculpting, which involves no deep cutting or stitches has, in my experience, proven quite successful for achieving gratifying aesthetic results while leaving little, or often barely perceptible, scars.

The technique, which I have been using for thirty years, involves "scultping the mole" off from the surrounding skin in a tangential fashion (i.e. not cutting deeply into the skin). Deep cutting will inevitably result in a scar, while superficial (horizontal) removal in this fashion largely avoids this.

Following scalpel sculpting, the borders of the mole can then be smoothed and blended with the surrounding normal skin by "dermaplaning," a technique by which the edge of the scalpel is used to delicately abrade the skin. Properly done, the entire procedure, performed under local anesthesia, takes no more than three to five minutes. Even perfectly flat moles (beauty marks, birth marks) can be elevated a tad with the local anesthetic and then more easily scalpel sculpted away and shaped to the contour of the surrounding skin. In most cases, the procedure is done at the time of the consultation.

Laser, which is a destructive modality, should NOT be used to remove a mole. Lasering the mole  away destroys the tissue to such an extent that it is rendered valueless for laboratory analysis. Since even the most innocent and benign appearing moles potentially may harbor a melanoma, a serious cancer, it is good medicine to send the removed portion of the mole for laboratory analysis to ensure that the mole is indeed harmless. Lasering it off, like burning or freezing it, would not preserve the specimen sufficiently to permit adequate analysis. There are no natural remedies for removing moles. Cinsultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist experienced in scalpel sculpting is your best bet. 

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Mole removal

+1

I would recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible removal.  If the mole is raised, then it can possible be treatment with shave excision and laser.  

Mole removal

+1

Fortunately your doctor made the right decision, as your lovely young daughter would have been left with some type of permanent scar from surgical excision of the mole.  If the mole is not cancerous, I strongly advise it be shaved flat.  I have done thousands of these procedures for facial moles over the last 15 years, and never put a scar on anyone.  Some have been the size of silver dollars.

You can read about this on my website or contact our office for more information.

P.S. A laser will not work as it can not go deep enough to get rid of the mole at the right level of the skin.  Believe me, I tried it years ago.

Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon