Wrong Rhinoplasty (My Nose is Curvy After Procedure)?

3 months passed after rhinoplasty operation. And my nose is bent right like 7 degrees from frontal aspect ( you see it when you look front of me). So my nose is not on midline(which I draw it between eyes to ground) bent 7 degrees to right. Its annoying. What shoud I do? Reoperation? Or is there another treatment? I constantly apply light pressure with my hand... Should I stop doing that? Help.

+2

If there is residual crooked nature of the nose at 3 months, swelling could still be playing a role.  Wait at least 6 months and then a revision could be considered.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

"Curvy" Nose 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

+2

I'm not sure what you mean by describing your nosed as "curvy" but it does sound like it's not straight. Pictures would be helpful; I did not receive any images of your nose. You will have to wait another 6-9 months to see the final result as healing progresses before you can determine if a revision will be necessary. Asymmetrical swelling may resolve. You are not doing any harm by pushing or massaging your nose but it may not help.

Curved appearance following rhinoplasty

+1

At this time, the only thing you can really do is continue applying pressure. While it certainly won't hurt your nose, I can't promise it will make much of a difference, either.  

I would not recommend a revision until you are a year out from surgery. As you approach that date, consult with several board-certified and experienced rhinoplasties to gather their professional opinion. 

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Nose is deviated after rhinoplasty

+1

Light pressure can help a deviated nose after rhinoplasty, but the healing process and spring of the cartilage will cause it to shift back. If the pressure will straighten it out, you can keep up the effort. After six months if the deviation persists, you will have to decide how much it bothers you as a revision might be the only way out.