Strap to Help Breast Drop is Painful

could something be wrong with so much pain wearing the "band/strap" in trying to get right breast to fall. I had a BA&BL done 18 days ago. My right side has not dropped and my Dr. recommended me wearing "the strap" all day. the strap causes a lot of discomfort.The more I move my right arm the more spasms. Should I have this much pain? How long can it take to drop before a surgery to pull implant down?

Strap to Help Breast Drop is Painful

+1

Traditionally, bra straps are used to encourage implants to settle in the bottom half of the breast especially in women who have small breasts preoperatively or have never nursed. During the day, gravity helps accomplish this goal but at night, gravity is eliminated and therefore the implants tend to move to the upper part of the breast which has least resistance. Use of the bra strap at night tends to keep them in the lower half of the breast.

The strap may contribute to limiting swelling in the upper halfo fo the breast making the lower portion look more swollen (relatively). If the strap is too tight, it can cause edema (swelling) in the lower half of the breast similar to the way a tight sock contributes to your ankle swelling.

Strap

+1

I do not regularrly use the straps or band so to attempt to manipulate breasts into place after surgery.  You should talk to your doctor.

Strap does not help breast implants to drop.

+1

Hi.

I am afraid this is a common misconception.  From your description, I would say the right implant pocket is just too high after breast augmentation with breast lift, and will probably stay too high.  There is no evidence that straps help, so you may as well stop wearing it.

I know this is not what you want to hear, and I am sorry.  Really nothing to do right now.  Things may improve some.  But probably, you will have to accept some asymmetry, or else have a revision in six months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)