What is Wrong with Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty after a broken nose and followed my surgeons advice but I whink it looks really really unsightly and bad. He removed too much lower lateral cartiladge I think. Also, it looks twisted. The tip looks too narrow and the bridge too broad. Do I have any deformities? I am afraid to have a revision after this experience and also don't know what to ask for in a revision. I would like a natural looking nose with proportions and symmetric lines..

Rhinoplasty Concerns

+1

It is hard for me to see anything clearly in your posted photos. I am confused however. So is this nose surgery right after a broken nose or years later? Sounds like maybe you broke it in the past and then had revision work. All the stuff you speak of having done is cosmetic and not really ever done in the immediate post fracture period. Usually post fracture I am straightening a nose out or fixing a nasal septum. I also have no idea how far out of surgery you are. It takes at least 6 months minimum for swelling to settle and the skin envelope to adjust to the new cartilage structure beneath. It can take up to one year for final results. My advice, stay in touch with your surgeon. They will know what was done more than us and how to manage your expectations. I never revise a nose until one year post op.

Revision rhinoplasty for nasal asymmetry and excess width.

+1

It is difficult to tell what the result you obtained is based on the photos and information you provided.  It would appear that there may be some asymmetry and excess fullness through the supratip and middle vault.  A revision rhinoplasty may be able to improve the aesthetics of your nose.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the disliked nose.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the disliked nose can be done after 9-12 months by your surgeon or a revision rhinoplasty specialist. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty Concerns

+1

Hi,

You didn't mention how long post-op you are. A few weeks, months,or longer?

A lot of changes can occur within the first 6 - 12 months after surgery.Revision surgery is generally not recommended until things have had time to settle. Share your concerns with your surgeon. For reassurance you may want to get a second opinion.

Good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Nasal asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1
If you are unhappy with your nose, you should address your concerns with your plastic surgeon. If your surgeon is unable to help you, then a second opinion is warranted. 
Thanks for your questions and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD