What is Wrong with my Right Breast It Doesn't Seem to Be Changing Much and I'm Getting Worried? (photo)

I had implants in before and wanted to replace them with smaller ones and more of a natural look. BUT the small one (which is the right one) aches, hurts and has not improved. I'm happy with the smaller size just not the looks or hurt of the right one. I'm worried I'll need a revision. It has only been two weeks but how many cases have you seen where it really improves on it own? The breast feels soft but just doesn't seem to be sitting the same.

Concerns in the early recovery phase

+1

often resolve as you heal.  You should be voicing your concerns to your surgeon as he/she is best prepared to help explain they 'whys' of what may have happened since he/she was actually 'there' inside your tissue.  Follow the instructions of your surgeon and you can make a better decision as to just how good your results are a few months from now.

Asymmetries of the breasts will persist after breast augmentation but may be diluted by the increased volume.

+1

The photograph demonstrates asymmetry of the breasts related to the areola on the left side pain lower than on the right. After resolution of swelling this difference will persist but because of the increased volume might appear to be less. The asymmetry of the early postoperative result is unimportant for the moment.

What is Wrong with my Right Breast It Doesn't Seem to Be Changing Much and I'm Getting Worried?

+1

You need to be examined by your surgeon ASAP to determine if your right breast is having scar or fluid issues. Appears as early cc of the right breast or subacute infection. 

Concerns after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although your concerns are understandable, at the two week post op mark it is much too early to be evaluating the end results of the procedure performed. In revisionary cases like yours, it will take several months for the breast skin envelope to "redrape"  over the smaller breast implants.  Discomfort, at this point is also not unusual.

At this point, I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.

Pain and asymmetry 2 weeks after augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon 2 weeks after a breast implant exchange to have some asymmetry and more pain on one side than the other.  The pain will obviously resolve.  It is still very early in the recovery and the asymmetry may resolve as your tissues relax on the right side.  I would recommend patience and discussion of your concerns with your surgeon.  Best of luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD