What is wrong with my nose? (photos)

My nose is extremely crooked & I hate it! My right nostril is wider than my left nostril & it makes me look like a witch. I would love to get surgery so that both sides look like the left side of my nose. What kind of surgery would I require & about how much would it cost? I am 14 years old & have not finished going through puberty, so is my nose done growing? I am not sure if I have a deviated septum. I don't have trouble breathing, but I get colds & headaches often. Thank you so much!

Young for a rhinoplasty

Thank you for your inquiry!

At a young age when the nose is still developing and it is not recommended to have a rhinoplasty before that. I would recommend to involve your parents in this process as they can be a great support to you.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS