I think the cartilage appears to be misshapen and uneven. What's Wrong with my Nose? (photo)

I've never had any damage done to my nose, but my nose, I think the cartilage, appears to be misshapen and uneven. I was wondering what the cause could be? Or what I could do to change it?

Asymmetry of lower lateral cartilages in nasal tip

+1

The pictures that are present show asymmetry of the lower lateral cartilages of the tip.  The reason that tip cartilages are showing irregularity is due to very thin skin in the tip area.  This can be addressed through a rhinoplasty that involves the removal of a portion of the tip cartilage, sewing the tip cartilage together in the tip area, and reducing the bossa formation and squareness of the tip.  Once this portion of the surgery has been performed, it is important to balance the remainder of the nose to the new tip.

Bifid Lower lateral cartilage

+1

Hi,

This is a normal variation of lower lateral cartilage anatomy - Bifid lower lateral cartilage. It can be easily corrected by resculpting the lower lateral cartilage. Feel free to send your photos to the link below for a computer imaging.

Best.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

What's Wrong with my Nose?

+1

You have a boxy tip deformity. And in my opinion based on limited info I recommend full rhinoplasty. 

Wrong with nose?

+1

When patient's ask me "What is wrong with my nose?," I always ask them what bothers them.  While I can not appreaciate the nose and face together because of the photos, the one thing that really strikes me is the square shape of your tip and the bossing of the tip cartilage.  This can be improve with rhinoplasty.

Not Sure What's Wrong With Your Nose- Maybe Nothing

+1

The answer to the title of your question "What's Wrong With my Nose?", is "nothing obvious". Everyone's nose develops in different ways which is why everyone's nose looks different. That "unique" quality is a good thing. If you don't like the way that your nose looks, there are a number of things that could be done to it depending on what you want changed. No matter what is done to refine the appearance of your nose, you still want to retain some of the unique qualities that make your nose, "your nose". A visit with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, especially one who does computer imaging would be helpful. This way you could see what kind of things could be done and how they would look on your face- making sure that you will be happy with your results. Good Luck. 

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What don't you like about your nose

+1

Now that's the question I would ask you.  If you don't like some of the things you have mentioned there are corrections available.  When I look at your nose I see several areas of concern.  The tip is rather "boxy" as you have described and there is a separation of the catilage.  There is a bump on the dorsum and the overal nose is on the wide side.  If you were my patient I would do computer 3-D imaging to see what you like and then show you what I felt was possible and realistic.  Sometimes patients don't always know what they want or need.

My advice would be a full rhinoplasty, using an open approach to do all the tip work.  This is something you must discuss with your plastic surgeon and know what is realistic.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and bump, etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and bump, etc. involves removing your bump and  making your bifid tip into a less square box shape into a triangular shape. The tip will need a soft tissue covering since your thin skin will show the cartilage underneath if it is not softened. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to avoid having to have a revision.

Prominent nasal tip

+1

Hi, you are correct in your own assessment. The shape and appearance of your nasal tip is based on the lower nasal cartilages. You have a "boxy" nasal tip formed by a prominent and divergent lower cartilage. This is more apparent because you also have relative thin skin. The solution is tip rhinoplasty which can help you reshape your nose. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon to help achieve your goal.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS