What is wrong with my nose, why does it slant to the side? Can this be fixed and how would it be changed? (photos)

I am so self conscious about my nose I feel it is very big and crooked and slants to one side but I don't know whether that is just because I am very self conscious about it. Honestly is my nose as bad as I believe it to be?

rhinoplasty for crooked and big nose

+1
 The crooked nose is straightened with medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones. Sometimes, a cartilaginous spreader graft is placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the mid vault area to help with breathing and straightening. Minor tip adjustments may be necessary along with shaving down the dorsal hump.

Nose problems

+1
Hi Qwdslaura,

Based from your photos, both sides of your nose bridge are wide, and the tip is slightly twisted to the right with a dent on the right lower third of the bridge. The tip definition is also notably insufficient with a dorsal hump.
It is likely that your nasal septum is also slightly deviated.
A septorhinoplasty may solve all these problems.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is wrong with my nose, why does it slant to the side? Can this be fixed and how would it be changed?

+1
The hump can be reduced and the nose straightened through a closed rhinoplasty.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Nose Question

+1
You don't have a bad nose but can it be better? Yes!
Based on pictures alone, it appears your nose is a little wide and off center. In profile, you have a small dorsal bump. You may be a good candidate for a standard closed rhinoplasty. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon