What is wrong with my nose? I don't know if I can break it this way?

I have a very heavy wooden personal item box (approx. 20 ibs) I picked it up and the lid was open and it slammed on my nose. I have a small cut about a half inch below my radix and swelling, pain, and a small bump.no nose bleed and 20 min of icing but swelling/pain hasnt gone down.Im not sure but i have a quarter inch bump where there is swelling and i believe i feel a crack.Is it possible to fracture your nose from a frontal impact and is it possible to fracture this part of your nose? Thanks!

Nasal trauma and broken nose

+1
Trauma to the nose can fracture the nasal bones or fracture the cartilages of the nasal bones. A in person consultation, examination and x-rays of the nasal bones we'll document the extent of the injury. 

+1
It is very possible that you broke your nose.  Schedule an exam with a Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1
Based on the information, it is possible to break your nose in this way. The only way to tell is to be examined by a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon as soon as possible. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon