What Do You Think Could Be Wrong with my Nose and Do You Think I Should Have Cause of Concern? Im Very Worried! (photo)

the shape of my nose has changed considerably this last 2 years and have developed cartalidge lumps and very uneven nostrils. Over the last 12 months considerable changes have occured inside my nose. it has become harder to breath through my left nostril and the hole at the back of my nose feels very narrow and blocked easily! The entrance to my right nostril has narrowed significantly and the hole at the back has become very enlarged and uncomfortable. I dont take cocaine or anything like that.

Worried about your nose

+2

Hello,  I am concerned about the changes that you are describing.  It is not normal for those changes to occur so quickly in the abscence of some type of trauma or infection.  It may be that the changes have been occurring more slowly then you realize and you just recognized that your nose is different.  Regardless, you should have your nose evaluated to make sure that nothing is wrong.  If it is just structural, then you may be a candidate for a rhinoplasty.

Abnormal Changes in the Nose

+1

I would agree with the other surgeons here. You need to be evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has experience in evaluating and managing complex nose issues.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You need in person examination from a rhinoplasty doctor in your city. There you will be examined and the doctor will discuss your issues.