What is Wrong with my Lips? Does It Look Like a Lip Lift Was Done? (photo)

I had a fat transfer surgery to my face done back in 2009 (eyelids, temples, and lips) and after surgery my whole mouth area was too swollen to tell what my lips looked like, does it look like a lip lift was done? What can be done to reverse this ? Please give me your opinion, could fat injections alone have produced this result with my lips?

Lip Augmentation

+2

It's unlikely that you had a lip lift. It appears that fat was injected into your upper and lower lips. There are a number of ways that overly augmented lips can be revised which include removal of the fat and excision of lip skin. The scar is typically hidden on the inside of your mouth. I advise you find a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in revisional lip surgery to recontour your lips. Good Luck.

Fat grafting to lips

+1

I agree that it does not appear that a lip lift was done.  Your before and after pictures are not fair comparisons since the angle at which the photos were taken is markedly different - you can see the difference by the shape of your nose.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fat Transfer to Lips

+1

Dear Miss Treated

From the picture you have posted, it does not look like you had a liplift. There are many ways to reduce and or remove fat from fat transfers. For example I have had patients where the fat settles differently in certain areas and have had to manually remove the fat with a syringe. Don't  give up I'm sure you will be able to find someone to fix what is most bothering you. Overall it would be best to see you in person to decide and discuss what could be done.  kindes regards, Dr. Young and Staff

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Injectiont of Lips

+1

The only way a lip lift  could change your lip like this would be with an incision across the entire border of the pink skin and white skin, and that would have been very apparent at the time of surgery;  a lip lift would not add the volume seen in the post-op picture. Therefore I doubt a lift was done. An examination would be necessary to determine the best method of reducing the size of your lip.

Lips after fat injection are too big.

+1

I would have to examine your lips  and feel them to determine what needs to be done.