5 months post op, What is Wrong with my Left Breast? (photo)

Hi, I am 5ft 4 and 114lbs. I had a BA and tummy tuck 5 months ago. My PS felt that the optimal implants for me were the Allergan Silicone 335HP. He also said that I did not need a lift . I am quite happy with the outcome but one thing bothers me. The breast tissue on my left breast tissue droops over the implant. It has gotten better over time but has not resolved completely. Will it keep improving with time or is this the final result? What needs to be done to fix it?

Post Operative Breast Asymmetry

Thank you for the question and your picture. Looking at the photo you have provided it appears that you have what is known as a double bubble deformity. This is a crease that is formed when your implants rests below your old inframammary (lower breast) crease. You will most likely require a revision of your left breast by releasing the lower edge of the muscle and/or reducing the skin envelope of the breast.

While no-one can be sure as to how much more improvement you will see in time, it would not be unreasonable to continue to massage to try and get the band to stretch, much as it did on the right side. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon to further discuss your available alternatives.

I hope this helps. Good luck.