What is Wrong with my Implants Post Breast Reconstruction? (photo)

Im 28 & had a prophylactic bilateral skinsparring mastectomy w/TE's 19.3.12, exchange op 3.09.12. very low projection but very wide & far apart & rhs is low. I have 470cc/m teardrop Polyurethane Silicone, 900g breast tissue removed each. Lhs implant is hard & flat, ultrasound shows implant is warped. my rhs implant has dropped & moved under armpit.. PS refuses to fix. I live in compression vests as I am unable to wear anything else. Could they get close & higher projection? Please help!

Breast Reconstruction

+2

I think you could definitely have implants that are closer together and project more.  I would use round high profile implants.  You may need to undergo tissue expansion again to get them more medial (closer to the middle) but that might be worth it to get the result you are looking for.  I do not think you have to keep the reconstruction you have at this point.  Good luck! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implants Too Far Apart

+1

Some of this will depend upon the muscular anatomy you have as well as the pliability of the remaining tissue.  An exam along with discussion of your goals and parameters for consideration will be necessary.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast reconstruction revision?

+1

It is difficult to see everything in the photos you posted. I think that it is critical to be seen in person to give you a reasonable answer to your good questions.

Hard to say

+1

It is hard to say from the photos and the info that you gave what is causing the problem.  As the other surgeons noted you need an in-person exam to best give you advise.  Likely you will need the pockets modified with movement/replacement of the implants.  I do not know why your surgeon does not want to do this.

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Breast reconstruction

+1

You need an inperson examination and try to figuer out what is the problem with the implant. Also need appropriate assessment of your cleavage line.

A combination of implant and fat transfer to the breast should refine the results and give you more aesthetic appearance. This may require multiple surgical procedures to achieve the best results

Problems with implants after breast reconstruction person

+1

An in-person would be more ideal to make an assessment. That said, you may be experiencing capsular contracture. This is a on complication of implant based reconstruction and is more common if radiation therapy is needed. You may need to seek a second opinion if your unhappy and your plastic surgeon doesn't wish I do further surgery. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon