What's Wrong with my Eye? (photo)

Hi, Can someone please help.As you can see from the photos you can see much more of one eyelid than the other.Sometimes my left eyebrow seems raised which shows more of the lid but other times they can be in line and the eyelid is still more visible on my left eye.I used to have botox for my frown lines but would assume after 18months or more the botox would have worn off so it wouldn't be that.is it eyelid drooping,uneven eyebrows and how can I fix it?Please help as I cant look at myself

Ptosis of the brow can create asymmetry of the upper eyelids.

+1

Gently raise the right eyebrow with your finger and see if this corrects the problem. It looks as though the position of your right eyebrow is slightly lower than the left.

Eyelid ptosis

+1

You have left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy), which is caused by weak or relaxed levator muscle, which is the muscle responsible for lifting the upper eyelid.  The eyebrow on the same side will try to compensate and assist the droopy eyelid and hence at times you will the see that eyebrow be lifted.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon