5 weeks post lift and augmentation, 550 cc saline and 570 cc. Skin is lifting off the breast bone. Will this improve? (photo)

i am 5 weeks post breast lift/augmentation/nipple reduction. 550 cc saline in right breast and 570 in left. skin is lifting off breast bone. i am not happy with the shape. what is recommended. i will be moving across the country in a few months. will this improve or will i need revision and if so when will i be able to do it.

Concerns about Breast Shape after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+3

Thank you for the question and picture.

Given that you are only 5 weeks out of surgery, you are likely not seeing the final results of the procedure performed. I ask patients to wait approximately 6 months before evaluating the end results of the procedure performed.

The skin “lifting off” the sternal area is referred to as “tenting";  this may or may not be a permanent change after the breast augmentation procedure. Whether or not you have  an issue with breast implant malposition (for example, breast implants too close to the midline) is too early to know.

At this point, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns in a calm/constructive fashion. It would be helpful to know precisely what your concerns are ( for example what you mean when you say you are "not happy with that shape"),  when you communicate with your plastic surgeon.

Breasts after a lift and aug 5 weeks

+2

At 5 weeks out you look great!  Give them more time to settle and heal it is still early.  Good luck and enjoy!

Unhappy with Augmentation and Lift

+2

Thanks for the photo.  You are only 5 weeks after your surgery. the implants will settle and the swelling will go down.  This may improve the appearance of the breast bone skin.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tightness Across The Sternum After Breast Augmentation

+2

There is nothing wrong or abnormal about your breast augmentation result. The skin is stretched tight across the sternum due to the size of your breast implants but this will relax somewhat in the upcoming months. You need to give your breast augmentation surgery up to a year to settle and relax. I see nothing in your result that suggests that any revision would be imminent or beneficial.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast shape after lift and augmentation

+2

You went pretty big.  The results look fairly symmetrical but you are at risk of symmastia or a uniboob.  You should avoid wearing any bras that push up or in.  In fact you should wear a breast separator bra such as a Thong bra.  You should wear this for 3-4 months to avoid symmastia.  Dr Chu

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast seems too close

+2

You are still early out from surgery and therefore, there are ongoing residual postoperative swelling. From your pictures and descriptions of the skin lifting off from the sternum, it is concerning for malpositioning of the implants whereby there is communication between  the implant pockets. I think that it is important for you to maintain a close followup with your surgeon and he should be able to tell you if this is the case. The final result from your surgery will be at 6 months after surgery.

Mytien Goldberg, MD

What is Wrong with my Breasts? (photo)

+2

Yes much to early to comment. But my view of the posted photo shows a very acceptable result. Allow 3 months healing at least. 

Be patient as you will see them change and settle in place.

+2
You are only 5 weeks post surgery.  Your breast shape will go through changes and settle over the next three months.  Be patients.  After 3 months if still unsatisfied, talk to your plastic surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Evolving symmastia?

+2

You might be evolving a unibreast, maybe not as it is too soon to tell for sure.  Please be sure not to wear any garments that push the breasts closer together.  Check closely with your doctor re your progress.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lift and Implants

+1

The breast lift and implant result is very good for this early date.   Do not worry about the skin lifting off at this point.  Swelling will resolve and skin will relax, and you will likely be happy.  This kind of early result can happen when the surgeon tries to tighten the skin envelope in a person with loose skin.