Whats Wrong with a "Lack of Lift" I.e Benelli....isnt That a Natural Look?

According to several PS and reseach, IMF should be 3cm or less for a benelli. According to several PS a large implant will not give a lift it will fill you and the areola will rise maybe 1cm as a result of the large implant. So can I with 3.5/4cm IMF get a large implant without the lift and then later get a benelli lift? I hear a lot of bad about the benelli lift. why, because of the lack of lift or the complications to follow? what PS called ptosis I & 2 is actually normal to me. Thank you!

Breast lift

+2

From your question , it sound like the issue of lifting your breast is less important than increasing breast size.  If this is the case, you can certainly have implants placed with no lift or only a periareolar lift done at the same time.   I don't think implants give much, if any, lift to the breast.  Also from the measurements you mention, it really does sound like you need a real lift, most likely a vertical lift.  I think it would be helpful to go on a few consults and determine what option is best for you after considering all options.

Lift after implants

+2

It has been my experience that doing the implants first is a very good idea in patients who are candidates for a mini lift. Almost all of these patients that I have treated as such do not decide to have the lift afterward because they are quite happy with the augmentation results.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Benelli Mastopexy

+2

Hello Blkbarbiedoll,

Inappropriate use of the circumareolar/donut/Benelli lift does NOT yield a natural look.  If it did, it would not be the number one named surgery in malpractice lawsuits involving cosmetic surgery of the breasts.  Results that occur after said usage include thickened scars, flattened breast mound, persistantly low riding nipple areolar complexes, pleating of the skin around the areola, misshapened areola, and enlarged areola.

Breast implants, regardless of their size, will not rotate the nipple areolar complex into a pleasing position, especially in the case of person with a short distance from the IMF to the nipple (a 'tethered' nipple).

If you are in a situation where a surgeon believes you should have a breast lift, it would behoove you to take that advice very seriously.  Second opinions are always valuable as well.  You should, of course, be consulting with surgeons who are expert in breast surgery, and are certified by the ABPS and a member of the ASAPS.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Benelli Lift

+2

There is nothing wrong with doing the augmentation first and later getting a lift if you need one.

When you speak with surgeons regarding a Benelli lift you will get quite a varied response. I have used the lift with good success and high patient satisfaction for many years but it has to be done on the right patient. Not everyone is a candidate for it. Be sure your surgeon is very familiar with the Benelli procedure and ask to see photos of his patients. I see many patients each year that have had a bad Benelli and we have to redo it. It's not an easy procedure to get right and it is not just a simple skin removal and tightening. There has to be a significant degree of internal support created. The doctor who does only a skin tightening rarely gets a good result.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Benelli is bad

+2

in my opinion.  It flattens the projection of the nipple and the scars invariably stretch out with time.  I do not understand some of the measurements you list but if you have 1/2 ptosis, it means your 2 ptosis side will be droopier without a lift.  Implant position does influence your nipple position but you do not want to have excessively low breasts just so your nipples are better positioned.  Your doctor should help guide you through the decision process and provide options and alternatives that you can choose from.  Also understand what his/her revision policy is as it is common to require revisions in your situation to achieve the best result.

There are a handful of doctors that can make the Benelli work for them and if you wish to have only the periareolar scar, I would suggest you get the promised result in writing and know what happens if they do not achieve the promised result in terms of what it will cost you.  Best wishes!

Curtis Wong, MD

Benelli lift with implants

+2

Hi- I have moved away from benelli lifts quite a bit over the last several years.  I find that it does not effectively lift the entire breast (maybe just the areola by 1-2 cm) and it is common to see a stretched out areola from the tension that is inevitable around the entire incision.  Patients are often unhappy with the results and end up going for a vertical lift later.  You gave your IMF measurements but what is your sternal notch to nipple distance? This is sometimes more telling as is the position of the nipple on your breast itself. A large implant may temporarily lift you a couple of centimeters but over time you may end up even more saggy and stretched out than where you started from.  I have had 2 patients in the last year convince me that they want a benelli despite showing them photos and giving detailed explanations as to why I find it unsatisfactory only to have both of them come back for the full lift several months later.  Talk to your plastic surgeon or get multiple opinions from board certified plastic surgeons. You may hear different opinions but at least you know what you are getting into.  Good luck!

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift using a circumareola approach

+1

Circumareola approach can be used to excise skin around your nipples, elevate your breast tissue and allow access to place the implants.  Implants are placed retro-pectoral, high on the chest wall and the breast tissue is aligned at the same level as the center of the implant and the nipples also aligned with that.  There is a new procedure called Augmentation with Ultimate Lift which will satisfy the requirements without any vertical scars.  I NEVER use vertical scars on breasts as they are unsightly, widen in time and cannot be hidden.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to suggest what would be best for you. I suggest you go for a consultation to be evaluated. Good luck.

Best Type of Breast Lift?

+1

What operation will best serve your needs will depend greatly on your physical examination and your goals. Despite your good description of your physical examination nothing will replace in-person consultation. Online consultation cannot be precise and may be confusing to you.

I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the results you're looking for.