Why Are My Implants Becoming Uneven and Saggy?

I had my implants over a year ago and they are just becoming awful they are uneven and sagging and lean into my armpits when I lay down, what could be wrong with them?

Change in breast shape after breast implant surgery

+1

Thanks for your question and photo. It's not possible to determine from the photos alone as to what is happening. You should see your plastic surgeon to have a physical examination. Breast implants don't tend to change with time, but the overlying breast tissue does. Breast feeding, weight loss, gravity and age are just some of things that can cause the breast tissue to slide off the front of the implant. Sometimes a breast lift is required. I hope this helps.

Australia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation problem

+1

Looking at your photograph, my guess is that you needed a lift from the outset.  The implants look like they were subglandular and probably bigger than your existing breast tissue can handle.  There is loose skin in the breast area and this needs to be addressed and the best way would be to do a mastopexy.  

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Revisionary Breast Surgery

+1

I agree that it is difficult to say what is going on without an examination.  When you get implants, it is important to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon so that he/she can examine you and see if you are developing capsular contracture, etc.  Best thing to do is to see your surgeon since he/she knows what was performed and can give you good advice.

Good Luck.

Breasts becoming saggy after 1yr post op Breast Augmentation

+1

Hard to tell what's going on with your arms up. But from what you are describing the answer is simple. The weight of the implants have begun to stretch out your tissues. I'm afraid this will get worse with time. You could, however, slow the process by using a bra/sports bra 24/7 for support. If  the displacement of your implants is severe, then this can be corrected surgically by making the 'pocket' smaller. Please consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as this can be difficult to correct. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

More views of the breasts before and after are needed to give definitive advise. From the posted arms up photo the right breast seems smaller in implant size and lower position. The left has an appearance of a capsular fibrosis and higher riding. Where your breasts equal before the operation? Best to see your chosen surgeon or obtain second opinions in person. 

Breast issues

+1

With your arms raised in the air, it is difficult to see what you may need done.  It looks like you have some loose skin. If the pocket is too large for your implants, they can be made smaller.

You need breast lift.

+1

Your pictures show that you have enlarged nipple/aerola and extra shin . You will need to talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns and discuss breast lift.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Sagging implants

+1

it is very difficult to give a comprehensive answer from this one photograph.  You really need to have an examination by your surgeon.  It does appear, however, that you have developed capsular contractures--especially on the left side.  A capsular contracture forms when the capsule around your implant "squeezes" or contracts around the implant.  This tends to create unusual shaped breasts that are firm and sometimes uncomfortable.  The formation of these contractures can occur at any time after a breast augmentation and the cause remains unknown.  If this is indeed what you have, surgical intervention can often (although not always) improve the situation.  I would recommend that you go in for an examination and discussion with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon