Is Something Wrong or Just Healing at Different Rates?

I had my BA on 5/3/13. I had slight asymmetry before surgery, my Dr put 30ccs more in my smaller breast. Well it's still much smaller, my nipples are in two different places, and they are shaped different. I'm hoping they may even out but I'm nervous it may require a revision.

Am I healing on track or is something wrong?

+2

At one month out from your breast surgery, it's still to early to worry about a revision.  They can change up to 6 months and you are correct that each side of your body can heal at different rates but without photos, its also hard to say.  Continue to follow your surgeon's post operative instructions and keep in close contact with them.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

One month after breast augmentation is too early to start worrying about asymmetry.

+2

You still have a good bit of healing to do one month after breast augmentation. Remain patient and keep in contact with your surgeon.

Need more time before considering a breast augmentation revision

+2

Really need some photographs to give you any suggestions.  If you used saline filled implants then it is possible that a volume adjustment could be made in the future.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon but give it time.  

Wait A Little Longer After Breast Augmentation Surgery To Be Concerned

+1
You are still a little too early into your recovery to be concerned about your results, as your body is still adjusting to the implants. Please wait until about the fourth month. By this time, your breasts will have “dropped and fluffed” , meaning they will have settled and look more natural. Tightness will be alleviated and a gradual enlargement and rounding out of the lower portion of your breasts will occur.  

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Asymmetry is very common one month after breast augmentation.

+1

Thank you for your question. Photographs would help answer your question. However since she started with an asymmetry, correction of that asymmetry with breast augmentation may take up to 3 months to see your final result. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Asymmetry after breast aug

+1

I recommend waiting 2-3 monts for the swelling to resolve before making any final judgements on your breast implant look.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Is Something Wrong or Just Healing at Different Rates

+1

Without photos, preferably current and before surgery, it is not really possible to make any assessment or prediction. Many asymmetries settle out as the muscles relax and accommodate the new implants, but there is not enough info here to give any reassurance. 

All the best.