What is Wrong with my One Eye? I Want Surgery

My eye on the right (#1) is completely fine, but #2 on the left is very different and I am not happy with it at all! If you cant see the difference, try covering one of the eyes and look at just 1 at a time, then switch. It looks like #2 is kinda pointed outwards or something..... Whatever the problem is, I really want to get surgery to change eye #2 to the exact same shape and everything as #1. Is this possible? Could you give me more info on the type of surgery, the cost and more? Thank you.

You don't need eyelid surgery

+1

I have been a plastic and cosmetic surgeon for over 20 years and have seen thousands of patients over the years.  Everyone has asymmetries, some that they don't like and seek to change.  Your eyes and eyelids are well within the norm for your age, show no signs of aging or ptosis and as such you are not a candidate for any surgery to alter them.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Assymetric eyes

+1

The minimal assymetry that you have is a normal variation that many people have to some extent on various part of their face. There is a slight assymetry of the orbital bony structure. Surgical correction is not advised.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry

+1

Dear J,

Everyone has a difference between the right and left sides of their face.  In some it is very obvious, and in most it is quite subtle.  The more perceptive will notice it on their facies, especially it very attentive to detail, as you seem to be.  However, it is much more difficult, and therefore risky to change someone's natural appearance.  This is much different than the usual cosmetic surgery we do for facial aging.  And the more subtle the difference, the more risky the procedure (that is, the greater the chance you could end up worse).  There is no straightforward answer to any one procedure to address your concerns.  You should get several opinions from well respected eyelid/craniofacial plastic surgeons in the community.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can facial asymmetries be corrected?

+1

I can see what you mean about the eyes, but as others said this falls into the category of normal facial asymmetry.  If this is particularly bothersome, sometimes techniques may be done that can camouflage the difference, such as fillers, implants, or neurotoxins.  I would caution having any "major" surgical procedure to correct asymmetry, as you are unlikely to get teh result you think that you want.  Good luck.

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery can help in the right situations, #blepharoplasty, #tiredeyes, #fatgrafting

+1

Dear J in Ottw

Thank you for your question.  Facial shape/asymmetry can be a challenge.  Most people do not recognize their own asymmetriy and very rarely see it in other people.  You are astute in seeing the differences in the shape of your eyes.  In order to give you a fair opinion you would have to be seen in consultation as there are a variety of factors that contribute to the appearnce of your eyes.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Web reference: http://www.drtrevorborn.com

+1

Thanks for the attempt to post photos. But no matter your issue is a normal anatomic variation between the two eyes/orbits. I do not recommend surgery. But best to see a boarded eye surgeon to discuss in person. 

Eye asymmetry

+1

Unfortunately, the photos are too small to be evaluated properly. Asymmetry between right and left sides of the face is extremely common, and may be related to both soft tissue asymmetry, or the underlying bony anatomy.

Eye asymmetry can often be due to the different shape/position to the eye socket anatomy which leads to the overlying soft tissue differences. These can be very difficult to change. You need to see a specialist [Oculoplastics surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, Craniofacial/Plastics] that has expertise so that the three dimensional anatomy can be properly evaluated.

Best of luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon