What Went Wrong with my Brow Lift and Upper and Lower Lift to Cause Such Problems? Dr. Refuses to Acknowledge the Problems.

I had both upper and lower eye lid surgery done and brow lift 3 months ago. I am now left with indentations over each brow, along with furrows between the eyes(had furrows prior to surgery). Also, lids are both much smaller than before...too small. Before my lids were big and did not need much work. the surgery closed up my eyes, rather than opening them up. Also, the lids are noticeabley quite uneven and I still have some bags below my eyes. I am very disappointed.Dr.not willing to acknowlege.

Staus post eyelid and browlift surgery.

+1

It is impossible to answer your questions about what happened and what can be done to help you without seeing photos of you.  Please continue to ask your Plastic Surgeon what can be done to help you with your concerns.  If your questions go unanswered, get a second opinion from another Surgeon.  Be aware that most revisions should not be performed until at least six months after previous surgery, however.  Time set aside for healing is well spent.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Combining brow lift and upper lid blepharoplasty

+1

This won't help your situation or problem but I feel it necessary to point out that this is why I and others don't do a brow lift at the same time as an upper lid blepharoplasty. It is better to do each separately for what needs to be done with that technique. This is similar (although not exactly the same) as why it's not simple to do both a breast augmentation and mastopexy at the same time. The risk of needing a revision is significantly higher than either procedure alone. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

+1

With 3 months past, you should be nearing your final outcome.  A full year will yield the final result with few exceptions so you should not expect a lot of changes in the near future.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Problem after eyelid surgery and Brow lift

+1

You mention several issues and concerns after your eyelid surgery and brow lift which you should try and resolve with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your procedures.  If this can't be done, you may wish to have several consultations however, I have performed both of these surgeries for over 20 years and Brow Lifts are not easilly fixed or reversed and smaller eyes, after lower eyelid surgery are most likely due to lower eyelid malposition.

+1

Hi.  As others have mentioned, it is difficult to assess your concerns without seeing you, or at least photos.  If you are unsatisfied with your surgeon's response, you can seek a second opinion.  It would be good to have your pre-operative photos and operative report at the time of consultation.  It sounds like your concerns can be fixed.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Photos and quite possible a consultation is needed to answer your questions.

+1

Msmmi

You had a very large facial surgery.  It sounds like you have some legitimate concerns.  Faced with an angry patient, some doctors circle the wagon and are not willing to address legitimate concerns.  This is unfortunate because of course, this is when you need your surgeon the most.  From your description, it is honestly difficult to know your precise concern.  I think you need to ask yourself if you can work with your current surgeon or not.  If the relationship has broken down, then it is time for another opinion.  If your relationship is intact, I would encourage you to work with your surgeon but don't be in a hurry to have immediate revisional surgery.  Understand clearly what the surgeon is proposing.  The worst thing is doubling down on a surgical approach that did not accomplish your goals in the first place.  You are welcome to send me photos of yourself thorough my website so I can better understand your issues.  However, even that is no substitute for a consultation.

Unhappy outcome

+1

Difficult to assess without before/after photos.  Things can still change over next few months.  Consider obtaining another opinion, from oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift and eyelid problems after surgery.

+1

Brow lift and eyelid problems after surgery should be discussed with the surgeon since he knows what he did surgically. If he is not responsive get a second opinion to clarify what is going on.

Unhappy with brow lift

+1

You have reasonable questions. The indentations may well be due to resection of muscle in order to paralyze the depressors. Without pictures, it is hard to advise you on eyelids. If your surgeon won't address the issues it may be time for a second opinion. But, remember you are still healing

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Eyelid and brow surgery problems

+1

It is hard to say much unless I can see your before and after photos.   You are still early in the healing phase so there will be changes.  Usually most of the problems go with time nd there is no way to rush.  Remember the healing procssl takes 1 year so try to be patient.  It may help to go and see another surgeon for reasurrance.  Most plastic surgeons see other's unhappy patients, as a service to the patient and doctor, free of charge.  We in Palo Alto certainly practice this.  Dr  George Commons

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon