4 Year Old Implants w/ Pressure and Tightness - Is This Capsular Contracture?

I had my implants done about 4 yrs ago. My left breast feels like I have muscle tightness at times and it feels like I can feel the implant move when I push on it. I felt this before but it may not have been this bad. Not like painful, just discomfort and pressure at times. At times I can lean forward like pull up my pants, and the pressure is not comfortable. I am scared that something is wrong. I did some research and found, Capsular Contraction. How do I know if I have that?

See your surgeon for evaluation

+1

Capsular contracture is when there is abnormal scarring around your implant, tightening it and causing the breast to feel firm. The breast may also look abnormally round or elevated. This can sometimes be treated without surgery, but if the problem persists, you may need surgery. I recommend you go back to your surgeon to have your breast checked out as soon as you can. Best of luck.

Pains in breast implants should be seen by your surgeon.

+1

If you are experience any discomfort, you should see your surgeon.  A physical exam in your case is necessary to figure out why you are feeling discomfort.

Capsular contracture

+1

It is possible that you have capsular contracture but it doesn't really sound like it.  The implant sounds mobile and that is one of your concerns.  Contracture is typically the opposite where you can't move it much and it has drifted upwards. 

I think without a clinical exam this forum won't be much help.  That being said, you should rule out muscle spasm as a cause.  Sometimes by doing a lot of something you haven't done in a while you can cause muscle fasciculations 'out of the blue'. 

Best wishes

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Capsular contracture

+1

You may have a capsular contracture, and you  may not.  Without an exam it is impossible to tell.  But if your implants are bothering you, you shoudl get it checked out.

Capsular Contracture

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Its difficult to determine the pains/discomforts your are experiencing without having the benefit of examining you first hand. It is possible that you are experiencing a capsular contracture on the left side. It also may be something less concerning, such as a muscle pull. I recommend you follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation. 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD