Did Something Go Wrong After Nose Surgery ?

Hi, Im 6 days post surgery, i still have obvious swelling in my nose. i fractured my nose when i was young and that resulted in a large bump on my bridge and pulled down the tip of my nose the doctor explained. Im very worried because from the front my nose looks ridiculous and obvious work has been done. from a side profile it looks something like a "who" nose. is this normal? the photos are pre and post surgery.. http://s887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/las5529/

Swelling 6 days after surgery is perfectly normal...

+1

Swelling 6 days after surgery is perfectly normal.  It is still too early to see your final results, because you are in the process of healing.  A lot of the swelling goes away in two weeks, but you can expect some degree of swelling to be present for up to 6 months.  As time passes the swelling will subside little by little as the skin tightens around the cartilage and bone underneath, and you will be able to see the final result.  Just continue to follow the post op instructions and contact you surgeon if you have any other concerns.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Something Wrong after Nasal Surgery?

+1

It is impossible to evaluate your nose 6 days after rhinoplasty. Regardless of how little I changed in any nose over the past 35 years, I've never seen a final result in 6 days. Please contact me if your nose is not different in 9-12 months.

Rhinoplasty Postop Swelling

+1

Six days is extremely early to asses your nose. You are at just about maximal swelling. I know it's hard, but be patient and try not to examine yourself for several weeks. It takes months for swelling to fully resolve. You won't always look the way you do now. Your pictures look right on schedule.

Verne Weisberg, MD