Wrist Tattoo Excision Candidate?

I have a round tattoo on my wrist and I've already tried with laser treatments but they didn't work at all. My question is: is it possible to excise a round tattoo on my wrist of 1.4 inch (3.5 cm) or is the tattoo to big for this kind of surgery?

Tattoo Excision

+1

What type of laser did you have to remove the tattoo? Depending on the color, size, and type of laser, you may have varying success. I think that the best option is the Alex Q-Switch. I would be very hesitant to excise the area on the wrist, as the skin is this area is very thin, and there is lots of vasculature. The area does not have much laxity, which could result in poor healing and possible scarring. I recommend trying another laser or physician if you truly have had no luck in many laser sessions. 

Round tattoo removal

+1

Although not ideal, the easiest tattoo excision of this area would be to excise it and then place a skin graft over the open wound.  The skin graft would contract some over time, so the resultant scar would be less.  Serial excision could be done also.  Have you tried the latest Q-switched lasers, such as the Revlite SI?  This laser uses photoacoustic technology to breakdown the ink particles, rather than breaking them down with heat absorption.

Tattoo Excision

+1

The tattoo could probably be excised, but it might need to be done in two stages.  The first stage would remove the center portion of the tattoo and the second session done several months later would remove the remainder.  There would be visible scarring after excision but the tattoo would be gone.  I suggest that you speak to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in surgically excising tattoos. 

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon