Best Treatments for Dark Circles and Under Eye Wrinkles?

I have wrinkles under my eyes and dark circles that I am trying to get rid of. What type of treatment is best for under the eyes?

Correcting pigmentation around eyelids

+1

Circles of pigmentation around the eyes are due to hemosiderin deposition or melanin deposition. Chronic inflammation and genetics are often major causes of these dark circles.

Correction of the pigmentation is acheived by lasers, such as a Q-switched laser; chemical peels; or topical depigmentation protocols.

Dark Circles Under the Eyes

+1

Hi Eye,

Dark circles are among the most difficult of facial cosmetic problems to treat. If your lower eyelids have hollowness, then Restylane injected most carefully and precisely by a well trained experienced cosmetic physician works well to decrease shadowing.

For the wrinkled skin, fractionated CO2 lasers such as Deep FX and Fraxel re:pair are excellent non-surgical treatments. In the New York City area there are many physicians with these technologies. Doris Day, MD has Deep FX, Roy Geronimus, MD has Fraxel repair.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD