Botox Safe for Sensitive Skin?

I have wrinkles under my eyes. Is Botox safe for sensitive skin? Does it have any side effects with regard to my skin type? Will it be good for me or is there a better treatment?

Botox is safe for sensitive skin

+1

Botox is safe for sensitive skin but there should not be any signs of infection present when you are having treatments.  Please consult an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see if Botox would be an appropriate treatment for your under eye wrinkles.

Toronto Dermatologist

Topical anesthetic may irritate sensitive skin.

+1

As long as you're not getting any prep or topical agent, BOTOX is very safe for sensitive skin.

I haven't had great success with lower lid wrinkles treated with BOTOX. Crow's feet are much more predictable.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is safe for sensitive skin as long as you do not have any open sores

+1

Botox is safe for sensitive skin as long as it is not inflammed, or there are open sores.  In other words as long as the barrier is intact and there are no lesions.

Sensitive skin sometimes goes hand in hand with allergies.  I have never had someone have a allergic reaction to Botox.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Botox is 100% safe for sensitive skin and all skin color types.

+1

Thanks for your question.

Botox is 100% safe for your sensitive skin, and it is safe for all skin types and color types. You should not worry about that.

However, Botox treatment is best for the lines around the eyes, and may only sometimes improve lines underneath the eyes. Better choices for the lines underneath the eyes include excellent moisturizing creams (Teamine, Kinerase, Obagi, Olay) and a fractional laser resurfacing procedure.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist