What are your recommendation for wrinkle removal under the eyes for someone with sensitive skin? (photos)

Hi! I am 34 and have a lot of shallow wrinkles under my eyes. The rest of my face is smooth, so it looks strange. I've had people making comments about my wrinkles and am very self conscious. I don't want any invasive procedures like a surgery or fractional treatment. I've had Botox shots but not very effective for the area. I have sensitive thin skin and retinal and heavy peels cause more troubles then results. Is there a recommendation for someone like me?

Sensitive skin

+2
Retin A will work, but you need to start with the weakest concentration and gradually increase it. Moisturizing is also very important.

What are your recommendation for wrinkle removal under the eyes for someone with sensitive skin?

+2
I might recommend Belotero Balance filler injections with drops of BOTOX. But best to have ONLY IN PERSON evaluations... 

Wrinkle Removal and Sensitive Skin

+1
Thank you for your question. There are options for people like you with sensitive skin who are unsure of surgical procedures. We offer a non surgical face lift procedure to correct facial aging, wrinkles, jowls, and lax skin.A combination of therapeutic toxins, soft tissue fillers, laser therapy, and fat transfer techniques can produce the results of a facelift completely without surgery. Most importantly, these techniques must be custom tailored to your individual treatment needs. It is very important to be seen in person for specific treatment advice that will maximize the result of treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Under eye wrinkles

+1
Under eye wrinkles can be improved by stimulating collagen production. While retinoids may help, it takes time and can cause irritation. Sublative fractional radiofrequency can produce dramatic results. Most patients do a series of three treatments spaced 3-4 weeks apart. 

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist

Under Eye Wrinkles

+1
First, in person evaluation by a Board Certified Dermatologist is your most important first step.  With that said, from your pictures and description, topical treatments may help some.  I recommend an eye cream such as Skin Medica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream 2x/day, and Retin-A Micro 0.04% 1-2x/week.  Every 2 weeks you can add another day of application with the Retin-A, as tolerated.
For more significant improvement, Fractionated CO2 resurfacing, just around the eyes, is a VERY effective means to improve this problem, with only a few days of mild downtime.  You may need 2-3 treatments.
A Non-ablative laser to rejuvenate the deeper collagen, such as the Q-switched Nd:Yag, offers less down time, can be effective, but you may need 5-8 treatments.
Any laser treatment around the eyes will necessitate the placement of intraocular laser shields to protect your eyes.  These are easily placed and removed with a little topical anesthesia.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon