Wrinkles on Face Due to Acne. How Do I Tighten My Skin? I Am 25 and Look Old.

Hello, I have wrinkles on my face due to acne. How to tighten my skin? Due to this wrinkles, I look old , ( I am 25) . I do have some acne marks on my face , They look very ugly. Please let me know what i can do for them. Regards, syk.

Skin Tightening and Acne Scar Treatment

+2

A picture would help to have a sense of what you are referring to as "wrinkles" and "scars." It is very hard for me to believe that you have a lot of wrinkling being that you are only 25 years-old; however, it is not impossible and there are conservative treatments that can be done to improve fine wrinkling such as microdermabrasion, conservative botox or filler and/or laser skin tightening.  As for treating acne scars, depending on the type of scar and skin type, there are several treatments available such as injectable fillers, laser, electrodessication, chemical peeling and punch excision to name a few. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist. 

Hello

+1

There is a few different options for patients with acne scars. You can do Laser's there is Profractional Laser, Micro laser peel or even a mini face lift to stretch the skin out. If your acne scars are not to bad yo can also do a VIPEEL, it removes the first layer of your skin. It all depends how much improvement you are looking for. You need to see a PS to go over your options. You should read about the procedure I mentioned and do some research to see what would benefit you the best.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Acne leading to wrinkles in the skin

+1

Acne can lead to a volume loss in your face and this can lead to a Relative excess of skin. This can manifest in your face as wrinkles with movement. I would fill your volume loss and also consider co2 resurfacing.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can young people get wrinkles as well as acne scars?

+1

Skin begins aging from the moment we are born. Year by year, skin can show signs of wear and tear, sun damage, problems from acne infections, and other insults to the health and beauty of young skin. Ongoing expressions (facial movement) contribute to wrinkles and creases and it is not unusual for people even in their 20's and 30's to show fine wrinkle lines, partly depending on skin type and ethnic heritage.   So.....it is very important to take care of one's skin beginning at an early age (sun protection, proper cleansing, management of acne, refrain from smoking, to name a few factors).   When we advise our young adults about skin  treatment, this might begin with a few carefully selected topical skin products, perhaps adding some light ultrasound facials combined with light peeling agents, and if necessary, perhaps progressing to deeper peels or fractionated lasers. Sometimes intra-dermal Botox or Dysport (small droplets put just below the skin surface) can help reduce some of the fine lines.   So, yes, it is important to try to prevent unwanted wear & tear on our most visible organ (skin) and begin early therapeutic options when one notices unwanted or unhealthy changes. 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon