I Have Wrinkles Around my Navel Opinions Please on What Can Be Done? (photo)

I'm a 43 yr. F weight 106 lbs 5'3". Developed deep tread marks during my 1st pregnancy at 20 yrs. Weight before preg was 103 and gained 40lbs. Over the years weight fluctuated between 126 and 98 lbs at H/L. Old scar from surgery as a teen below panty line is about 6" and looks fine. How big a scar would I have & will old scar be a factor? Will scar be smooth? Do I have enough skin to pull down to lose stretch marks? Will I have a nice navel again? What is the fee for consultations? Advice pls

I Have Wrinkles Around my Navel Opinions Please on What Can Be Done?

+1

The only option to resolve the laxity around the navel is a full TT.  The incision would be somewhat longer than the one you already have, and should look as nice when healed (allow a year for maturation of the scar). The presence of the scar will not be an issue. 

The stretch marks currently below the navel will most likely all be gone. The ones above will not be removed, but will be lower and probably less noticeable, though this is quite subjective. 

The navel will have an incision around it, but should look improved from current appearance.

I would expect a nice overall outcome. Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Tummy Tuck

+1

I would recommend a complete liposuction abdominoplasty. You will be able to remove the excess fat throughout your tummy using liposuction. All the skin between the new lower abdominal transverse scar and the belly button will be removed. The old scar will be in that skin that is removed. The loose skin just above the belly button will end up in the middle at the pubic area and will be tightened, which will make it look better. Your new scar can be planned a little lower than your existing scar. The quality of your final scar cannot be predicted, but is usually good. You should only do this if you do not plan on having any more children. 

Look for a board certified plastic surgeon with impeccable credentials. Good luck with your final result.

John Silverton, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

+1

I think that a minitummy tuck will not improve the skin around the belly button.   You may want to consider a short scar tummy tuck, which will have the same length scar as the minitummy tuck but will remove about twice as much skin including the problematic skin around the belly button.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, your best bet for an aesthetically pleasing abdominal wall would be a tummy tuck operation. Although the majority of stretch marks will be removed with this operation, the stretch marks that are currently above the umbilicus will remain ( although lower down close to the pubic area).  It is possible that your previous scar can be extended to perform the tummy tuck operation; obviously, physical examination will be necessary to confirm this. Scar  quality will vary from one patient to another; sometimes scar revision surgery is necessary to improve the appearance of the scars long-term. Usually, the appearance of the umbilicus is improved with tummy tuck surgery.

Do your due diligence and select your plastic surgeon carefully; ask to see lots of examples of their work, communicate your goals clearly, and achieve realistic expectations prior to proceeding.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about this procedure.