Are Wrinkles Normal with Swelling After Blepharoplasty?

I had a blephabroplasty on my lower lids, rhinoplasty and face lift end of August. Up till now, I have swelling and bruises under my eyes, and what surprised me the most the severe wrinkles which appear like bags on my lower lids which i didn't have before the surgery. My doctor is not giving me answers and says i should wait more. Is it normal to have wrinkles after the surgery, and does the recovery need more than 4 months? I'm dissatisfied and very depressed with the results!

Blepharoplasty

+1

It is very common to see wrinkles exagerrated after swelling after blepharoplasty surgery.  Give it several weeks to settle down.

Could not agree with Dr Johnson more.

+1

Unfortunately many lower eyelid procedures are associated with scaring that subtly or nor so subtly damages the glide planes of the lower eyelid.  Some of these procedures are also associated with permanent damage to the motor nerves that supply the orbicularis oculi muscle of the lower eyelid.  This can result in changes in the lower eyelid that are cosmetically unappealing.  This includes funky lower eyelid bags and skin heaping not present before surgery.  Your surgeon may not even understand why you have these issues.  Seek the opinion of a surgeon with expertise in post eyelid surgery lower eyelid issues.

Wrinkles are not the norm after blepharoplasty

+1

After face, eyes and nose, you have had quite a makeover. The answer is "no", wrinkles are not the norm after lower blepharoplasty and four months is a reasonable time for healing and results to show. If you are not getting through with your surgeon, you just may have to get an opinion from another.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/eyelid-surgery