New Wrinkles Appeared After Botox

i had botox injected for my nasolabial fold, especially the wrinkles beside the mouth 4 months ago. i'm 22 years old. After i had the surgery, new wrinkles appear even when i don't smile. Now i has been 4 month and the wrinkles didn't seem to disappear. Besides, there is a little swelling on one side of my mouth, which looks strange, i guess maybe they had done it a little too much. I' really scared. Will these new lines be permanent? Looking forward to your answer! Thx a lot!

New Wrinkle after Botox Injection

+3

Typically new wrinkle after Botox are not common.

Sometimes patients notice the wrinkles that were previously present because the more prominent ones are erased as result of Botox injection.

Occasionally some patients recruit other muscles and can create new lines.

Hope this is helpful.

When you do BOTOX in certain areas, you may get wrinkles in other areas

+2

When you do BOTOX in certain areas, you may get wrinkles in other areas. This is because as certain muscles relax, other muscles have to work even harder. You can relax these over-worked muscles with more BOTOX. Either way, the new lines won’t be permanent after the BOTOX wears off.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and wrinkles

+2
It seems that thjere may be some missing information. Was there any filler injected to make the swelling near the mouth? If not, then did the botox affect the levator muscles which dropped the lip and a bulge formed from skin that folded creating the swelling? Whether botox filler or both, the result is temporary unless a semipermanent or permanent filler was used.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) can cause muscle imbalance and new wrinkles but it should wear off

+1

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) can cause muscle imbalance and new wrinkles but it should wear off.

Botox and nasolabial folds

+1

I do not use botox in the nasolabial folds. But anytime you place botox anywhere, it may cause other muscles to activate  a bit differently

Please provide the correct information

+1

The use of Botox is not indicated for the nasolabial area. You may had fillers and they last 6-9 months. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon