Is Wrinkled Skin After 8 Days of Submental Liposuction Normal?

I am 55 year old female with pretty good elasticity in my skin. I had submental and abdominal liposuction 8 days ago. I'm still quite swollen on the left side of my neck and under my chin, however I notice that when I remove my neck garment the area where the lipo was performed is wrinkled. Will this wrinkling worsen? I see my doctor tomorrow for a follow up, however I wanted to get other opinions before I see him. My stomach looks great.

Skin wrinkling after liposuction

+2

A week after liposuction is still pretty early to get too concerned about swelling or skin irregularity. Wear the strap as directed by your surgeon, but he might have other suggestions such as massage as well.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

The wrinkling is not normal

+2
You had liposuction of the neck and for patients with poor skin tone the wrinkling is not avoidable. You state that you have good skin tone but I would disagree. You would have hadvbetter result with neck lipo and lift combined. You will need Endermology of the neck skin to prevent scaring and neck lift later doing the neck lipo will make your neck lift more chalanging.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Submental liposuction

+1

Submental liposuction may improve the contour but slight wrinkling of the skin can be noted.  As the skin continues to retract for the three to six months after the liposuction, some crepiness of the skin may be noted. 

Ronald Shelton, MD

Wrinkled skin after lipo means poor skin elasticity

+1

It is possible that the skin may soften and smooth after liposuction of the neck, though as a rule skin wrinkling means poor skin elasticity. It would be remarkable at age 55 that you still have maintained thick elastic skin. Lipo of the neck at age 40, yes, but at age 55 a neck lift might prove to be the better option.

peterejohnsonmd