Wrinkled Patch on Cheek One Month After Lower Face Lift and Neck Lift. They Weren't There Before? (photo)

I am 3.5 weeks post op with pleasing results. Still very numb, more one one side then the other and swollen. Just below my cheek bone I have a wrinkled patch of skin about one and a half inches square. These wrinkles are horizontal and fine and were not there before. They seem to be caused by the stretching of the skin??? I am 60 and hoping this is temporary. Is this normal?

New lines after face lift

+1
  1. At 3.5 weeks after a face lift, you will see many changes,
  2. Most self-correct as swelling subsides,
  3. One side of the body always heals faster than the other.
  4. Sounds as though your face lift healing is fine.

Swelling is never symmetrical after a face/neck lift.

+1

The swelling after a face/neck lift is always, always asymmetrical for the 1st couple of months but evens out quite nicely with time.  Be patient and don't worry that the numbness lasts about 6 months in many patients. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Funny lines on face

+1

At 3.5 weeks after surgery you will still be swollen and most likely these will get better with time.  If concerned see your doctor.

3.5 Weeks After facelift

+1

At this point in your postoperative period, you can still expect some degree of swelling, mild asymmetries, numbness, potentially bruising, and an overall tight sensation.  Although the photo provides limited insight into what is going on, I do not see any reason for concern.  Swelling after a Facelift can cause slight distortion of pre-existing lines, depending on the vector of pull during the procedure

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon