Wrinkled Loose Skin Still After Mini Tummy Tuck, What Are my Options? (photo)

I had surgery 6 years ago and have never been happy with the result. I wanted a full tuck but the surgeon said that during the operation he discovered there wasn't enough skin for one so gave me a mini tuck (even though I have the scars for a full tuck!). The skin is still loose and very wrinkley when I bend over. I have decided that enough is enough and I am going to get it sorted properly. What would you recommend? Laser treatment? Could I have a full tuck even though there's not much skin?

Tummy tuck after mini tummy tuck - challenge

+1

This is a tough one.  You already seem to have your loose skin around your belly button.  You can try something limited such as removing some skin around the belly button.  This might give you some improvement.  If you couple this with something like SlimLipo to tighten the skin without removing a lot of fat might also give you some improvement.  If you degree of concern is high for the laxity, then I would consider the full tummy tuck, but realize you that you might have a vertical scar between the new belly button and the bikini line scar.  Good luck.

Mini tummy tuck or full

+1

I am not a big fan of mini tummy tucks and I can't understand why the surgeon didn't  do a full one.  Most patients require tightening of the muscles above and below the umbilicus and are usually also botherd by lose skin above the umbilicus.  These are all best treated by a full tummy tuck. you should get a second opinion.

Mini Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

I can empathize with your frustration;  many tummy tuck surgery is very rarely indicated.

At this point, your situation is somewhat complex given the lack of sufficient skin to do a full tummy tuck ( without the need for a significant vertical incision).

I would need to examine you in person ( to view your abdomen in a variety of different positions)  and to discuss your goals carefully before making any concrete recommendations.

Please make sure you visit with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Wrinkled Loose Skin Still After Mini Tummy Tuck, What Are my Options?

+1

From the photo, there appears to be irregularities in the fatty layers as well as evidence of excess skin puckering around the umbilicus (belly button).  IMHO attempting to convert this into a full tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty) would be unwise due to the lack of adequate excess skin.  In an Abdominoplasty there must be enough excess skin to stretch from the top, of the belly button, to the incision line typically placed just above the pubic area.  

Clearly, you do not have that amount of excess skin.  Doing a tummy tuck without adequate skin will result in a vertical scar on the abdomen, poor wound healing and/or a widened horizontal scar across the abdomen.  IMO, in your particular case, you might consider abdominal liposuction to remove the excess fat combined with a circumferential incision around the belly button to remove and re-drape the loose skin in the mid abdomen.

While, IMHO, this is not the ideal way to do an abdominioplasty in the case of revision surgery, one has to proceed with a realistic sense of how to make things look better, in the end and not worse.  Hope this helps.

FYI, be skeptical of anyone espousing the superiority of any one surgical board or organization over another as this is pure fantasy and not fact.  The reality is that there are at least two American Surgical Boards that certify plastic and cosmetic surgeons here in the US and in any case, certification by any board is not a guarantee of quality, training or aesthetic judgement IMHO.

Tummy Tuck

+1

There is no laser, thermage or any thing else to improve your stomach but Surgery.

Need to redo the stomach with full tummy tuck, to improve on the upper abdomen.

Be prepared to have a vertical scar in the lower abdomen because of the previous surgery.

This time choose your surgeon carefully and have 2-3 opinions, even if you have to pay for those opinions.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery)