Wrinkled Eyelid? Mold Hooding to Upper Eyelids at 26?

I had upper blepharoplasty 4 days ago and I still have my sutures in. I noticed that my one eyelid looks wrinkled. Like there is a skin fold on it. Is that due to swelling or was not enough skin taken off?

Wrinkling due to swelling along the incision will go away with time.

+2

Most the time wrinkling along the incision is due to swelling. After the sutures are out in time is given for the swelling to subside the should flatten out.

Early result after upper eyelid surgery

+2

It is very early to make any commentary on your surgery or your recovery.  Your surgeon has the advantage to seeing your eyes before they become swollen.  Give it some time and follow your surgeon's instructions.  

Way to early to know what is going on.

+2

If you really want input here, consider reposting with photographs.  However 4 days is so early from surgery that it is impossible to really know what is going on.  Please be patient, follow your surgeon's directions and do let us know how things heal.

Wrinkled Eyelid? Hooding to Upper Eyelids at 26?

+1

This early in the recovery process swelling can be a prominent factor in appearance.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Give your eyelids time to heal

+1

It is normal to have swelling and bruising after upper eyelid surgery. The skin of your eyelids is very thin and even small amounts of swelling can cause them to look wrinkled. Give your eyelids time to heal. If there is still wrinkling after several weeks, you can then address your concern with your surgeon.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon