Wrinkles Around Mouth - Best Treatment?

As a healthy type 1 diabetic for 30 years, what can I use or have done that is safe for me? No other details except that I am 59 years of age and have been using retin A for 10 years due to acne. It is all cleared up. I have really good skin but am showing signs of wrinkles around my mouth from drinking coffee through a straw. I have also lost some weight and show some wrinkles around my bottom half of my face. No wrinkles on my eyes or forehead. I was looking at Genlewaves or photo facials.

There are a number of causes of wrinkles around the...

+4

There are a number of causes of wrinkles around the mouth, including aging, sun damage, genetics and smoking. There are a number of treatments, which range from peels, injections and surgery.

Injections can be performed with hyaluronic acid, collagen, fat or other products that are effective. The injections are given during a routine office visit under topical and local anesthesia. Injections are useful to plump the wrinkles and make the lip line more even with less lipstick bleeding into the wrinkles.

Chemical peels, laser resurfacing and dermabrasion are usually performed in a minor surgical facility and work by resurfacing the skin and promoting collagen growth. Combined treatments are usually the most effective and are safe for patients with type I diabetes.

Patients who have a history of fever blisters should alert their doctors to avoid an outbreak after treatment that can cause scarring.