Treatment for Wrinkles Around Mouth and Jowls?

I would like to have something done for wrinkles around my mouth. The lines are from the corner of my mouth leading down to my chin. I also look like I am beginning to get jowls. What treatments would be recommended for these problems?

Dermal fillers are quick and instant for marionette lines

+2

It's hard to make a definitive recommendation without seeing you, but in general, marionette lines are treated fairly well with dermal fillers. My preference is Evolence or Radiesse in this area. There is minimal to no downtime and the results are instant. You can also place some in the pre-jowl sulcus and help with the appearance of the jowl area. Other procedures to give a longer term result are laser resurfacing (like the Fraxel re:pair), Thermage, and surgery.

Marionette lines

+1

These lines are called marionette lines (like the puppet).  Often using a deep filler in the cheeks and along the jaw will help soften these lines by replacing the facial fat that is lost with age.  Then a more superficial filler can be used in the wrinkles themselves.  

If the lines are due to more skin sagging - an s-lift or short scar facelift may be needed.

Hope this helps!

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Wrinkles around mouth and jowls

+1

Thermage can help tighten skin and lift the jowls.  Dermal fillers can restore volume and give a smoother contour to the jawline.  Botox can lift the corners of the mouth.  A combination of these treatments will give the best result.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist