Treatment for Eyelid Wrinkling?

Over the last couple of months, I have noticed swelling/wrinkling of my eyelids, particularly towards the nose. One is worse than the other. I am 33. What can this be? I have been treated for sinus infections without success, I suffer a little from hayfever. This is really getting me down. I feel like I'm aging before my time and would love to find a remedy. I'm also very stressed at the moment.Can anyone please help or suggest wrinkle treatments for these? Thanks.

Wrinkle Repair For Eyelids

+1

Changes in the eyelid skin and mild fullness in the medial (toward the nose) lower eyelid can start in the early 30s. These changes can be very noticeable in some patients at this age while others have very little change. Genetics and sun exposure are probably the most important factors, but stress, weight changes and allergies can contribute. Even eating salty foods can temporarily make your lower lids look more baggy.

Most people try some of the topical eye creams when these changes first appear. I personally use the Nia 24 Eye repair cream and it seems to helps some. Many of my patients also like the eye cream made by Ti amine.

If these don't work, and eventually they will not, then I would consider an evaluation by a plastic surgeon or ophthalmologist who does a lot of cosmetic surgery. Use word of mouth in your area and check for board certification and ASPS or ASAPS membership to find the right doctor.

Most early problems with wrinkles of the eyelids can be treated with the fractional CO2 laser (also called Active FX Laser) which has a much shorter healing time then the traditional resurfacing CO2 laser. Most of my patients are back in makeup in 5 - 7 days. It will improve the wrinkles greatly but does not always eliminate them.

If you have eyelid bags that don't go away with a good nights sleep or are not hidden by makeup then a Blepharoplasty may be needed to correct these changes. Often for patients in their early thirty's the incision can be completely hidden on the inside of the lid so there is no visible scar. This surgery has very little pain ( a 1 or 2 on a 10 scale) and patients are back in makeup in about 10 days. Fortunately a big pair of sunglasses can hide the temporary bruising if you need to run an errand. This could also be combined with the fractional CO2 laser to also help the wrinkles during the same procedure.

Most patients will not need another Blepharoplasty for at least 20 years for eyelid bags (many may never need a second surgery for bags). Sometimes the wrinkles can come back in just a few years if you receive a large amount of sun exposure or ironically, if you are an animated person who smiles a lot with their eyes.

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon