Best Wrinkle Filler for Laugh Lines Around Mouth?

I am thinking about a filler for laugh lines around my mouth. Is one filler better than another for this area?

Meet with a surgeon, there are a lot of options that may work...

Injectable fillers are an excellent option for treating smile and marionette lines. When utilizing this approach a large variety of injectable fillers are currently available. Examples include Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra, Artefill, and Radiesse to name a few.The filler chosen is dependent on the patient’s anatomic findings, aesthetic goals and the surgeons comfort level.
In the vast majority of cases we prefer either Juvederm or Restylane when treating these lines. Although there are differences between these products, they are both associated with excellent clinical results. Both fillers last about 6 to 9 months and are associated with high satisfaction rates.
If patients are satisfied with the results of these injections, we occasionally switch to a longer lasting injectable.In most cases, we prefer Radiesse which can last 2 to 3 years.
If you’re considering injectable fillers for marionette and smile lines, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan for this problem.

Treatment of smile lines

There is no definitive answer to this and it sometimes comes down to personla preference and experience with the products.

Juvederm Ultra is good but you must be very cautious when injecting this or any other products into superficial lines or wrinkles. They can produce visible raised ridges.

My Preference is Juvederm

There certainly is nothing funny about Laugh Lines unless you are Steven Wright ( I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension) or Henny Youngman ( The Doctor says " You'll live to be 60" I am 60!! " What did I tell you").

Laugh lines, naso-labial folds, in my opinion, are best treated with Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus. I find this product to be a little softer and more malleable than its competitors. If your naso-labial folds are very deep, Radiesse would be the preferred filler.

This is my particular preference, (and I do use a lot of Restylane, but there is great variance among physicians.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Juvederm or Restylane for laugh lines around the mouth

Lip augmentation should be performed with an absorbable filler with a high safety profile and low complication profile, such as Juvederm or Restylane. The nasolabial folds are best addressed by a combination stimulatory and volume filler such as Radiesse. I have performed hundreds of Radiesse fillers with no complications and high satisfaction.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Filler choice

I assume you are referring the "nasolabial folds", the depression from the nostril to the corner of the mouth. Many filler choices are available for this area. Choice usually depends on the perference of the professional performing the injections. I personally like Restylane and Perlane. 

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD