Treatment for Crepey Skin on Cheeks?

My problem is that about 6 months ago, I started to develop crepey skin on my cheeks. The thing is that the wrinkles only appear when I laugh, which doesn't make them less annoying for me. These wrinkles are not marionette lines or nasolabial folds or crows feet, just crepe-like skin on my lower cheeks. It bothers me A LOT. I've read a lot of answers here about how dynamic wrinkles can be treated with Botox, but not on the lower face area. What are my options? Will laser or a chemical peel help? Also, FYI I'm 31.

Crepey wrinkles on the cheeks

+1

Sculptra injections stimulate your own skin to thicken.  You may require 1 to 3 Sculptra treatments about 6 to 8 weeks apart.  The results last for about 2 years.  Fractional CO2 laser is another option.  Use tretinoin cream to help smooth skin and sun protection to prevent additional thinning of your skin.

Toronto Dermatologist

Treatment for fine facial wrinkles

+1

Fine wrinkles on the facial skin can be treated with a variety of lasers. The most effective are ablative lasers like the CO2 or Er:YAG. These ablative lasers can be fractionated for easiest healing. A variety of non-ablative lasers can also be used. It would be best to see a Dermatological Surgeon who has a variety of lasers so that he/she can choose the treatment that is best for you.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon