Wound Separation Infection? (photo)

4 weeks since breast lift and implants and my wound seperation is getting worse and worse and worse. I'm using wet to dry dressing and my ps just blows it off and says it will heal. I'm worried about dead tissue and scarring and infection. Will this night made ever end... Have deep regret about surgery wish unwound have just been happy with what I had.

Wound Separation After Breast Lift and Breast Implants.

+1

Breast lift, or mastopexy is a surgery performed by plastic surgeons to raise and reshape sagging breasts. If your breasts are small or have lost volume after pregnancy, breast implants inserted in conjunction with mastopexy can increase both firmness and size, however performing both a the same time does increase the risk of wound dehiscence and complications inherent with the combined procedure.  I would make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to discuss your convalescence and any further surgical interventions that may be required.

Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Wound dehiscence after breast lift

+1

Hello razorxp,

Hang in there.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  What you have is wound separation (dehiscence).  This can be caused by too much tension, poor tissue integrity, or some combination or this and other possible factors.  The good news is that the wound separation is superficial meaning the implant is not exposed.  Your option is to wait longer and have some tissue laxity develop at which time you may be able to go smaller and revise the breast lift.  You do have the opportunity to get a well healed breast lift scar but this will require a little time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD