Wound Separation 5 Weeks Post TT?

Tummy tuck, at 5wks post op wound seperation occured. Does it look like it is healing, or do I have to be concerned it will get larger? I am taking multi vitamins, vitamin c, ensure, boitin, and arnica montana. When possible I leave the wound uncovered to get oxygen, I use a special thin nonstick dressing for burns and surgical wounds, with normal gauze on top of that. Only if I have to be dressed, it does bleed some only with movement or when covered.

Update: Photos added.

Wound Separation 5 Weeks Post TT?

+1
I am sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing.  Superficial separation of the incision line is a known complication after tummy tuck surgery.   Close follow up with your plastic surgeon will be in your best interests; sometimes removal of a exposed suture and/or removal of any unhealthy tissue will expedite healing. Otherwise, wound care regimens will differ from one plastic surgeon to another.  Generally, this will involve application of some type of sterile dressing ( in my practice I use a non-stick dressing covered by a sterile dressing). You should have peace of mind that these types of wound healing problems generally go on to heal over the course of the next several weeks,  without long-term sequelae. Also important to concentrate on a healthy diet,  including good protein source. Occasionally, in the event of a wider scar, scar revision surgery may be helpful down the line.  Best wishes. 

Postoperative Wound Separation after Tummy Tuck

+1

It appears that the healing of your abdominoplasty wound is moving in the right direction. Follow the wound care recommendations of your Plastic Surgeon and make sure you have close follow up.

Thank you for your question and photos.

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Wound is healing

+1

Your photos show improvement and healing over time.  You should follow up with your surgeon to make sure there is nothing else going on that cannot be seen in the photos.  It looks like you have been doing a good job with wound care.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Wound Separation

+1

When you ask us it looks like this is healing, I would assume there is a photo to look at--but there is not. Without one it is not possible to answer your question about healing.

At any rate, the one person who can really help is your surgeon, so a call into the office and an in person visit is important, and is the only way you can get your question answered.

Hello

+1

Sorry to hear about your complications. You need to have post op care from your PS. She/he is the only person that can help address your question. We cannot treat something like that over the computer.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS