How Much Would It Cost to Narrow and Augment Bridge and Reduce Nostrils?

I had a nose infection when I was younger, so then I had 3 surgeries on my nose, twice to get puss drained, and the third to make it look better. I hate my nose and would like to get rhinoplasty when I'm 18. My nose is kind of flat, and there is basically no cartilage in the middle of my nose. It is also kind of thick and wide. How much would it be to narrow and augment the bridge, and get my nostril size reduced, and shrink my nose in general? preferably under 10k$ :(

How much for Asian Rhinoplasty?

+1

I agree with my colleagues that the costs for augmenting the nasal bridge (I prefer using a straight silastic implant) and the nasal tip (I prefer a conchal ear cartilage graft) with an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon will likely cost between $7,000 to $15,000 but be closer to $10,000 or more, IMHO.  

Rhinoplasty costs are determined by the complexity of the Rhinoplasty, the reputation and experience of the Rhinoplasty Surgeon and in some measure by the geographical location as this factors into operating costs (for example an office space in Beverly Hills and New York costs more than it does in New Jersey).

Cost of surgery

+1

You certainly can have rhinoplasty to reshape your nose. If your infections left you with a saddle and no septal cartilage then you might need a rib graft (I would avoid synthetic implants with your history) and this will raise the cost above a routine rhinoplasty. Find a surgeon with experience in this type of "reconstructive" rhinoplasty. It may cost a little more but will be well worth it in the end. The result is going to be out there for everyone to see forever.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Asian rhinoplasty is much like like African American rhinoplasty. Low bridge, wide nostrils and bulbous tip is a common complaint in Ethnic patients. You will probably pay between 6500 to 15,000 depending on your geographic location. Below is a website with many ethnic before and afters.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nose infection

+1

If you truely have no cartilage in the mid-nose, then you have a saddle nose deformity. Allografts or rib maybe needed for repair. Taking rib will raise the cost. If this is not needed then your area rhinoplasty fees should be close

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Cost of Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Asian rhinoplasty or ethnic rhinoplasty procedures are more complex. This is the center of your face we are talking about. First off, it is important not to bargain shop for something as important as your facial balance and beauty. Procedures that you  would require can run anywhere from 7000 to 15000 depending on what your surgeon charges, his level of expertise, how much time he spends refining your nosyrils, shaping your tip and augmenting your bridge. The least expensive route tends to be to add a silicone implant to the bridge. However, many patients prefer augmentation with cartilage grafts so that there is nothing articifical in your nose and that you dont have problems later with extrusion or implant visibiity and motion. In my practice, we perform implant forsal augmentation as well as autogenous techniques such as diced cartilage, rib graft, and other sources of cartilage grafts. Once you have your consult, your surgeon will see what is best for you and what you are comfortable with. You should go to a surgeon that has a lot techniques in his toolbox so he does not just try to sell you on just one way of doing your surgery. Good luck and remember to look at many before after pictures of a variety of patients so you can accuratley judge the skill of your surgeon with any nasal type and ethnicity.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD