When is the Tupler Technique as effective as Mini-tummy Tuck?

How often does the Tupler technique have such a significant impact that patients wouldn't need a mini tummy tuck? or How often do you hear of patients using other therapies for distended stomach muscles and end up needing a mini-tummy tuck?

Tupler Technique or Mini Tummy Tuck?

+1

I had to educate myself about the "Tupler  Technique”;  this appears to be a program involving exercises and splinting to treat diastasis rectifi.  I know of no science that shows that this technique is effective.

On the other hand, the mini tummy tuck operation is not indicated for treatment of a diastasis recti  since it does not  address the entire abdominal wall muscle separation. In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.