Is It Worth Getting Surgery on my Asymmetrical Nose?

Below is the photo of my uneven nose, the left side seems okay but the right side seems out of proportion, with the nasal bridge and nostril coming out too much. Is it worth getting surgery on? If so what would a rough estimation of the cost be?

Rhinoplasty for minor asymmetry

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

Only you can determine if undergoing a rhinoplasty is the right decision, especially so if the issue is an aesthetic one. Rhinoplasty surgery can improve asymmetries and create greater facial balance. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who has practice emphasis in nasal surgery. The costs will vary from surgeon to surgeon, depending region and experience. In Beverly Hills, that price point will fall in the $ 7500 - $18,000 range.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Crooked nose

+2

The crooked nasal deformity can be very difficult to correct.  In your case the differences that you point out seem quite subtle making their correction somewhat tricky.  It's difficult to evaluate your nose in this manner but if you are interested in getting the nasal tip smaller or in improving on your breathing then your decision to go forward with surgery will be much easier.   

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Rhinoplasty for Asymmetrical Nose

+1

Asymmetrical and deviated noses can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. After consulting with a surgeon to determine what can be done you will decide if surgery is worth it. Cost will be determined by your location and the surgeon you select.

Rhinoplasty for the asymmetric nose.

+1

Only you can know if it is worth it to have a straighter and more balanced nose. If you like it the way it is leave it alone. But, if you want it fixed the cost would be the same as a rhinoplasty which is based on the skill of the surgeon.

It's difficult to judge your candidacy for rhinoplasty surgery based on the information you provided.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed the frontal photo you posted. I'm not sure whether you would benefit from rhinoplasty surgery. You may want to consult several reputable, certified rhinoplasty specialists to see what would be best for you.

Regards from NJ:

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should You Get A Rhinoplasty for Nasal Asymmetry

+1

Rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging operations we perform, but also one of the most rewarding. Small irregularities of the nose are often better left alone, but if this area really bothers you then I would consider an in-person consultation. Your nose demonstrates an hourglass shape (from the front) and this can make the nose more noticeable - not blending into the facial features.  One cannot appreciate the issues you may have from the side without a photo.  Whether you should undertake a surgery is based upon how much the shape of the nose bothers you and whether your surgeon thinks he/she can fix it. Preoperative computer imaging can often be helpful in making this decision. The cost is related to how much would need to be done to correct the problems you have.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Asymmetric nose

+1

To treat mild asymmtery is extremely difficult. But if you have significant assymetry and/or as well bothered by breathing issues, you  may want to consider having it done.