Is It Worth Me Having Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, Im a 19 year old male. For ages now I've been obssesing over how crocked my nose is. I went to an ENT doctor and he said mild deviation of the nasal septum to the left. But I think it looks like my external nose has deviated to the right. My doctor doesn't think it's worth me going for septoplasty or rhino. But I'm not sure. How bad do you think it is and would you reccomend to me getting something done? Thanks

The decision to have elective cosmetic surgery

+1

Rhinoplasty is an elective cosmetic procedure, meaning the decision to have it is solely yours.  Since it is a purely personal choice, the question of whether it's "worth it" or not, comes down to you.  Does it bother you?  Clearly it does.  Can it be straightened?  The answer is yes.  Does the cost of the procedure and the recovery make it worth it?  -> your call.  

Rhinoplasty Procedure

+1
Thank you for your question. If you are continually concerned with the size, shape, or symmetry of your nose, a nose job may be the perfect solution for you. But, there are many things you should first consider if you are thinking about having one. A cosmetic rhinoplasty is a huge decision, one that requires plenty of patience and perseverance. A rhinoplasty is not something to consider lightly. I stress to patients that only those who are wholly dissatisfied with their appearance, who want to change their facial structure, and who have great patience should continue with this procedure. This is not to dissuade anyone from having a nose job—only to stress the importance of careful and serious consideration. I would suggest consulting with multiple board-certified,  experienced doctors before undergoing surgery. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Is It Worth Me Having Rhinoplasty?

+1

That is a truly personal decision. Seek a few in person examinations. You have a S shaped deviation the upper is to the left and the tip appears to go right. So the term S shaped.