Is It Worth Me Having Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, Im a 19 year old male. For ages now I've been obssesing over how crocked my nose is. I went to an ENT doctor and he said mild deviation of the nasal septum to the left. But I think it looks like my external nose has deviated to the right. My doctor doesn't think it's worth me going for septoplasty or rhino. But I'm not sure. How bad do you think it is and would you reccomend to me getting something done? Thanks

Surgery or no surgery

Thank you for your question!

It seems the way your nose presents is bothering you. As an elective cosmetic surgery, the patient is the one to make the final decision whether to proceed with it or not. However, if you are suffering from symptoms such as difficulty breathing then considering a corrective surgery is warranted.

The finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS