Is it Worth it to Travel For Procedures?

I live in NY and found a doctor in Washington. Is it worth it to pay that much to travel for my procedures?

Yes, it may be worth it!

+1

As long as you are a person in overall good health, there is no harm in traveling for a cosmetic procedure. I recommend that your follow that guidance of the surgery center and stay the recommended amount of time after the procedrue to ensure the best results, and as always be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon before making any decision.

Key West Plastic Surgeon

Traveling for plastic surgery

+1

On light consider traveling if there is a scarcity of plastic surgeons in your area. Living in NY, there is probably a glut of well-trained surgeons. You must consider not only the additional expense of traveling but the possibility of complications and how you will handle complications both from a medical follow-up and treatment point of view and from expense.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Travel for surgery

+1

It depends on the surgeon and your commitment to followup after treatment if problems arise.  Unless it is a specific surgical procedure done by a certain surgeoon, you can usually get the same treatment closer to home.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Procedures out of town

+1

It is certainly OK to have procedures performed out of town safely. The problem comes when and if you have any problems with the surgery. How will you get back to your surgeon to take care of them?

Travel

+1

Dear potential traveler,

That is a very good question. Idealy, you should always try to find a local surgeon so that the post operative care will be more convenient without the constraints of time . However, if the procedure that you are intersted in is not done frequently by local doctors or you do not like the before and after pictures of the local doctors , than you should look for a surgeon  who will be able to deliver what you are looking for. Recommendation by a friend or family member or good before and after pictures are good way to proceed. Remember, you might have an extra travel cost, but if you decide to have the surgery done by an inxeperienced or incompetent local surgeon, you might pay much more to correct the unsuccessful surgery.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon