Is It Worth It for Me to Get Asian Double-eyelid Surgery? (photo)

I have decent sized eyes... they have that wide-open look, which I know is what a lot of Asian try to achieve with this surgery. But over time, I've noticed that I have extra skin that seems to weigh down on my upper eyelids when I smile. It's not too noticeable, so I've been debating if it's worth it for me to get this surgery... thoughts? Should I wait until they sag more? Also are laser or manual blepharoplasty procedures better? Thanks.

Asian blepharoplasty, double-eyelid surgery

+1

Your eyes look good to me.  RIght now, your brows are in a good position and you do not have much excess upper lid skin.  Your supratarsal crease is not apparent in the photos, meaning with blepharoplasty (double-eyelid surgery) you will have a crease that is higher than your natural one.  It's really a personal decision on what kind of look you want to achieve.  In terms of functional purposes you can wait until the sagginess affects your peripheral vision.  In terms of aesthetics, you may want to address it sooner.  

Asian eyelid surgery for large eyes but now they are coming down

+1

I depends on what you want. The double eyelid surgery can pull up the skin that is covering part of your eyelid margin and also make your eyes bigger as well than they are now to a slight degree.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double eyelid surgery for aging upper lid

+1

It would be helpful to see the forehead along with the brow to make a proper assessment. In patients without a double eyelid crease, the brow becomes an active part of assisting the vision of your upper field. With aging, you will notice more horizontal lines on the forehead. At some point, you may find it worthwhile undergo the double eyelid procedure to take some of the strain away from the overworked brow muscle. Frequently this will lead to some brow descent which you may or may not want to address.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS