Would Reducing Implants by 80CC be Worth it?

I had my breast augmentation over a year ago with 180 cc anatomical gummy bear implants. I weight only 95 pounds and am very skinny therefore my breasts appear/ feel quite fake. I'm starting feel depressed about it. I don't want to go back to what I was which was a size AA but am wondering if I should downsize. I'm wondering what the smallest implant size is? Originally I only wanted a little bit of fullness. Would gaining weight help? Would downsizing make a noticible difference? Thank you.

Downsizing implants

+1

There are alot of options for you, and hopefully they won't leave you more confused...the Gummy Bear anatomical implant, as most of the other surgeons have said, is a very firm and unyeilding one...I prefer the Memory Gel silicone round implants personally and would recommend you that implant but with that being said, a 100 cc implant is so small, it may not be wide enough to fit your frame and then you would have a completely different problem. Have you thought about simply removing your implants? Or trying another type in the same size range? Spend some time with your surgeon and make sure that the new implant you choose from a height and width prospective is apropriate for your very small frame.

Best of Luck!

Breast Augmentation, Breast Enlargement, Breast Implants

+1

Any surgery carries risk.  Before going back to surgery ask yourself if its really necessary. Reducing your current implant size by 80 cc is a lot of difference.  That would mean the new implant wound be 100cc.  That is a small implant.  I have not used an implant that small before. 

Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you feel that your breasts are too large, then by all means, you should not be disuaded not to exhange your implants.  I agree that the type of implant that you have is likely the majority of the issue, but the size may be part of the issue too because you are so petite.  In situations like yours, I would offer you to have your surgery under a local anesthesia and have several implant sizers available for you to view during surgery.  I would let you see with the sizers in and let you choose the size. Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Gummy Bear implant removal and replacement

+1

Since you are so thin, you might benefit from replacement of the gummy bear implant with a regular gell implant, but keep the same size. A 180cc implant is not large by any standards, so your issue might be resolved with keeping the same size but going to a standard gell implant which is softer than the gummy bear implant.

Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Reduction of a breast implant by 80cc, its the gummy bear

+1

In a situation where the implant volume is 180cc, you will notice a sifnificant reduction in size if you replace the implant will one that is 100cc. The 'problem' with your breast augmentation is the gummy bear implant. In very slender thin incividuals the impants can be stiff and unnatural and lack the flow and feel of the natural breast. You should consider a low profile to moderate profile implant, smooth, at least 150 to 175cc, and I think you would like your breast much better.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://peterejohnsonmd.com

Implant downsize would definitly make the breast look smaller

+1

I think that 80cc down size in about 50% reduction which would feel and look much better according to your description.  The thing that you have to think about is that the risks of implant surgery increase significantly with each revision.  

Nothing wrong with gaining proportion with your body, so if 100 cc matches, I recommend going ahead with the surgery. It is your life and you have to do what is right for you.

Good Luck!!

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants may look fake

+1

You complain that your 180cc anatomic gummy bear impants appear unnatural.  I think the problem is with the implant type, not the size. Gummy bear implants are quite firm. Anatomic implants have a tear-drop shape and are specifically designed so that they do not rotate (and give you an "upside down" breast). The combination of a rigid implant and an implant that does not rotate naturally in your breast pocket, is likely why you have an unnatural appearance. You may be better served by changing to a smooth round cohesive gel implant, placed under the muscle.  This will give you the most natural appearance.

Revision Surgery for size change

+1

Every re-operation includes some risks, both short term including possible infection and damage to surrounding structures, and long term, like malposition of the implant or capsular contracture. In addition, increasing or decreasing implant size will have an effect on other factors, such as nipple position, amount of loose skin, and visibility or palpability of the implant.

If you have Form Stable implants, and are having concerns about your size, it is best to consult with a plastic surgeon that has experience with these implants. Sizing is very different from round gel implants, as the surgeon can select an implant based on your base width, and then select a height and projection independently. There are smaller form stable implant choices available for you, down to a 125cc ML, but the base width will be narrower.

You also have to decide if it is the size of the implant that bothers you, or the form stability. Round gel implants contain a less cohesive gel and are slightly underfilled. The advantages are that they may feel a little softer. The disadvantages are that you may be more likely to see and feel the implant ripples through your thin overlying tissues.

You and your surgeon should determine if a size change, or device change, are best for you; then you have to be willing to accept the risks.

Red Bank Plastic Surgeon

180cc "Gummy bear" implants feel "quite fake." What to do:

+1

You have only added 6 ounces of volume to each breast, which corresponds to about 3/4th cup size at your petite size. Removal of 80cc removes almost half of that volume (a bit less than 3 ounces), and I believe you won't notice improvement in "naturalness" of your breasts.

I believe the problem here is the firmness and shape of the "gummy bear" ultra-cohesive breast implant. For a woman with your minimal tissue coverage, this implant feels (too) firm, does not move naturally (it is a textured implant and cannot move by design), and remains teardrop-shaped when you are laying down (real breasts flatten to a round shape and drop slightly to the sides of your chest). These just stay teardrop-shaped pointing upward! No wonder you think they look and feel "quite fake." If your surgeon feels these are his best choice of implant for you, I would consult with several other American Board of Plastic Surgery-certified plastic surgeons and consider the soft, round, cohesive (but not like "gummy bear" implants) Memory gel implants, but near the same volume you have. The size of implants should be based not only on your requests, but your anatomy!

You can absolutely look wonderful with breast implants; these were just not the optimal choice for you! Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/breast-augmentation.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Reducing implant size by 80cc's

+1

In a petite female,  reduction in implant size by 80cc's generally corresponds to a 1/2 to 1 cup size reduction.  A 180cc implant is one of the smallest made/ used.   A smaller implant might result in your going from a B cup to an A cup, almost not worth the risk.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon