Why Do I Look Worse 5 Weeks After Vaser Lipo on Upper Thigh Area (Banana Roll)?

I was in overall great shape except for some extra fat on thigh area (right under the behind). I have not gained weight. In fact I have cleaned my diet up & lost weight. I am 5'2" 105lbs. Now my thigh/butt area looks & feels flabbier, droopy and looks like a big mass of cellulite. I am very concerned & unhappy. I exercise almost daily, eat right, massage with cellulite/arnica creams 3 times daily & wear my compression garment (12-20 hours daily). Not looking better I understand but alot worse?

Vaser Liposuction

+1

At only 5 weeks, you are probably retaining fluid, and need to wear your support garment more regularly.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Sometimes overzealous liposuction

+1

Can lead to a contour defect.  Skin tightening is variable and will give the final answer.  It is also possible to have a separation of the normal suspension mechanisms of the gluteal fold, leading to a longer flatter buttock.  Discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon to find out if it is simply a question of patience or if eventually you will require some revision.  Good luck to you.

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

+1

Your question is intriguing. I dis agree with the expert posting doctor from UK. If you do not see "any" result after 5 weeks from VASER or other types of liposuctions than you should expect no result.  The "banana rolls" are difficult to improve but in my experience I recommend Smart Lipo Triplex. 

Banana rolls treated with Vaser lipo

+1

• Vaser liposuction is suitable for small deposits of fat you described. Skin retraction after surgery, however, can take up to 6 months. Talk to your surgeon what additional therapies he/she can advise you to speed up this process. Sometimes Radio-frequency based therapies can help.
  • Often fat at the top of posterior thighs can act like supporting fold for buttocks and removal of this can give appearance of more saggy buttocks. Toning up gluteal muscles are useful in this cases.
  • Otherwise you are doing all the right tings, just be patient.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist